Wednesday 7 December 2011

A Heart - Before and After...

Hello friends,
As promised, I have altered the galvanised heart that I mentioned some blog posts back.
This is before..
This is after...

The heart can be purchased from Lily Rose With Love 
at the bargain price of £1.75 medium, or £2.75 large.
Although it looks lovely in its 'bare' form, I couldn't wait to use some alcohol inks and used a combination of  Cranberry, Rust and Ginger.  For those of you who haven't used alcohol inks, use an applicator - 
it can be a bit of a messy business!
I like that the end result isn't perfect coverage it adds more of an aged natural vintage look.
I then selected my favourite die templates at the moment - Layered Poinsettia and Labels Twenty-Two
I keep returning to these!  I cut and embossed the poinsettia from patterned paper but then sprayed liberally with Cosmic Shimmer Misters - I get a bit carried away with misting, adding one colour on top of another, it takes a while to dry!
I used the smallest Labels Twenty-Two and stamped a pretty sentiment.
Finally some gorgeous ribbon and lace available from Creative Expressions and two tiny gem stones.
I hope you like it and feel inspired to alter a heart today!

And for something else a little Christmassy....
Bella has a gorgeous Christmas jumper featuring yes, my favourite a poinsettia!
My lovely clever Mum has knitted this and then done the felt applique -
thank you Mum - love you lots!

Back tomorrow - more craft to share! 



12 comments:

Michelle Woerner said...

Beautiful job Christine! Hugs,

Kate said...

Georgeous heart Christine & lol@ Bella!!!

melanie said...

love the way you have done the heart ,your mums clever I bet Bella loves it .Melanie

Lucycat said...

Christine the heart looks really great so does Bella. X

Unknown said...

Love the heart. The Poinsettia works really well on it - we just love that die don't we? Love Bella's coat - clever mum! Julia xxx

Hellma said...

Love your heart, what a transfomation, but big congrats to your Mum Bella looks the bees and ees in her new jumper.

Unknown said...

What a difference a bit of alcohol ink makes Christine - absolutely lovely. Also love Bella's jumper.

Craftychris said...

oooh the heart is fab! and Bella looks so happy in her Christmas jumper!!

Redanne said...

The heart is amazing, I thought it was lovely before but since you worked your magic........ and Bella looks adorable, so sweet in her jumper.

Anne-Marie said...

Two beauties...ha!

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Like you Christine, I love the Labels 22 dies, simple shape but so effective. As to your heart, wow, its a real vintage piece to be enjoyed year after year with sweet memories attached to it now. I had a feeling you would do something good but I actually didn't see this coming. This is shabby chic with an edge; love it, its truly inspirational.
May I take this opportunity to wish you and all your followers Peace and Joy this Christmas.
Best wishes Linda x

Chloe's Nan said...

Christine, I love this heart project but I love Bella's jumper even more! She looks so cute and warm, I would knit one for my daughters babies but they are big dogs and I don't think the cats would wear one, maybe the rabbit.......lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...