Sunday 9 September 2012

Cowboys and Parking Tickets!

Hello friends.
Something a little different on this Sunday.
A scrapbook page featuring Mitchell - it is hard to believe this cute boy is now aged 18! 
Much more of geometrical layout created for Scrapbook Magazine, featuring Fancy Pants papers.
This is not my normal style of scrapbooking but I enjoyed creating something different.
I followed a sketch I found in a magazine. I return to sketches when I need a crafty 'pick me up'!
Thank you for the lovely response to the kit yesterday.
Yes, dies will be available in my Amazon shop soon, it is slow progress 
while I smile nicely at Mr Bank Manager but I promise to get there!

As you will know if you follow my blog, I also design for Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
One of the products I use quite a lot is their Keepsake Envelopes.  I have recently discovered a very practical and handy use for them outside of craft...
displaying parking tickets in my car!
The envelope adheres to the windscreen and you can just pop your tickets in there. 
The stickiness doesn't stop either - this one has been in my car for over a month ....
since I got a fine for not displaying my parking ticket properly :(  
Turns out as I was getting stuff out of my car a gust of wind must have blown my ticket to the floor.  
I then decided I couldn't afford to keep doing that and I definitely needed to find something to 
make my tickets stick to the windscreen...the answer was on my craft table - 
Keepsake Envelopes! 
They are available to purchase through my Amazon shop if you too have been as unlucky as I have been
and, of course, they are also wonderful to use in crafty projects too...!

It's been sunny here, do you reckon it's really Summer now??
Take care friends.


17 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, summer what summer? It's quite cool up here now but if the sun comes out it warms up a bit. Love the way you come up with unusual ideas and great creations.

Wilma

melanie said...

Great layout on your page love the design you may be converting me LOL xx Melanie

Bea said...

Great layout Christine - I love the strong colours - I am a fan of this type of layout. Good idea for your parking ticket - I have had that happen and it is very frustrating plus I'd rather spend the fine on something crafty!

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Yes we have sun again but I believe it's set to change again this week.
Love the papers and the layout you have used.
Have a good day,
Lydia
X

Lucycat said...

Hi Christine.
Love the layout,a great keepsake.
What a good idea for parking tickets.these envelopes look as though they have many uses.
Have a good day,the sun is shining. x.

HiggiSue said...

Lovely LO and cute photos.
How clever with the parking tickets.I too have been caught out in a similar way.
Happy crafting....I am off to Crete on Tuesday and may not always be able to check your blog.
Have a super week. xxSue

Redanne said...

Hi Christine, the layout is beautiful, so colourful and cheerful. Love the makes with the little envelopes too. I hope you contested the fine, same happened to me but I could prove I had a ticket so they let me off. I did get a letter of ticking off but it was worth it not to pay the fine. Crafty hugs, Anne x

PS - going to be a scorcher here in the NW of England but due to change tomorrow.....so typical of our non-summer!

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Christine, I love the scrapbook layout of Mitchell in his younger days, so lovely to look back on.
Your idea with the keepsake envelopes is brilliant, I find myself placing the little tickets on the dashboard behind steering wheel and watching it while I get out and shut the door, to make sure it stays where it is. Your idea is fantastic, and the projects you have also used them on are beautiful too. Have a lovely Sunday. Lots of love from Patricia xx

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine - the parking ticket blowing over incident has happened twice to my hubby - I think they deliberately make them flimsy just so this happens and they rub their little hands together ...... ooops I'm off on one!!! Anyway I love your scrapbook page and it was really good to think that you look at sketches as well! I think someone! should do a book(let) of sketches for inspiration to peeps such as moi!!! I have only worked to one so far and really enjoyed it - inspiring.

Hugs to you Sue P xxx

EmmaT said...

Morning Christine

What is the backing paper you've used on the 'dad' card with the bird and leaves? I love it as it looks like stamped hessian.

What a great idea for the packing tickets, years ago i had the same it had flown to the floor and i didn't realise.

The 'scrao' page made me smile as it reminded me of playing cowboys with my brothers. We never had the fancy outfits tho!
Emma

hazel young said...

Morning Christine. lovely and sunny here and has been all week so we have been spoilt. Love the way you always find a use for something thats a great idea for the parking ticket. Loving your creations today i like both but the red one is my favourite. xxhazel

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine, Lovely sunny day again here too. I was going to mention the weather improvements a day or two back, but thought twice about it -- Indian Summer springs to mind dare I say it!!
Love the projects today, its so nice to look back to when the children were young, your right , they grow up soo fast.
What an excellant idea for the parking tickets. Enjoy the rest of your day and the good weather whilst we have it. Crafty best wishes, Carolyn x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
a bit late today. Hubby wanted to back up my computer, so couldn't blog hop till now.
Wonderful creations love everything about them.
Have a great crafty day everyone.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sarah said...

Hi Christine

Great layout love the design and papers and fun colours used. Excellent use of the memory envelope for a parking ticket holder. Love your beautiful cards as always.

Sarah x

baconbits said...

Great layout love the papers.
Great idea for the envelope will have to get some.
TFS
Hugs
Amanda x

Carole Z said...

Super layout! You read my mind... Just yesterday I was saying to my husband that cars needed windscreen/ dashboard wallets for parking tickets! And even better, I bought some of these envelopes from you! :) Carole Z x

nattyboots said...

Iv had a lovely sunny weekend away in Shrewsbury ,Christine but i think its set to change this week,

I love those little pockets in my scrapbook pages for the little memento"s etc .

Elaine H x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...