Wednesday 19 February 2014

Home!

 Hello friends
I'm back home and I had a very excitable Bella to greet me!  
I missed her, and the boys of course!
I was thrilled to attend the Craft Awards, it was all set up very nicely
and, as you know, Spellbinders did incredibly well.  
In total they received three awards, the final one being for 
Best Gadget/Machine Investment for 2013 - all good stuff! 
There was an array of crafting delights, just by the entrance a knitted deck chair...

complete with cute knitted dog.
Spellbinders were displaying their new in'spire range of dies,
such a wonderful selection.  As with all their dies, I am happy to pre-order
and some of these are already on the website.
 The Tool n' One was on display, this was a bit of a show stealer,
everyone was interested - a true answer to all our die cutting prayers!
These are available to pre-order on my website either alone or with foam

At the show I got to meet Carole Zorzo - we have been emailing for some
time and it was wonderful to meet her in real life!
Carole had organised a gift for Elliott - a Gromit mug - he loves it!
There was also chocolates...they are not pictured..wonder why!
Elliott still looking tired...this was after about 12 hours sleep apparently.
Incredibly kind, thank you so much Carole,
hope to see you again.

I went along to a seminar at the show, they offer various business talks.
I came out of one very enthused - optimising your website and to my 
boys' amazement once home, I said I needed a QR code.  
That's the funny square barcode thingy on the side of my blog.
If you have a smart phone you can scan it and it takes you straight to my website.
Clever eh...and it works! 
I promise to not let too much techy stuff interfere with crafting!

I haven't forgotten about posting instructions for decorating your Craft Caddy -
apologies it has been delayed but I will be getting on to it very very soon.

Right I had better unpack, in Birmingham I shared a room with the lovely Yvonne from
the Spellbinders Design Team and I've managed to come home with some
yummy chocolate from The Netherlands ..
perhaps unpacking can wait while I just test it...! 

Take care friends.


25 comments:

Carole Z said...

Aw Christine, it was so good to finally meet you too! What a super photo of Elliott and Bella, I'm so pleased he liked his pressie from Bristol! We came away with so many ideas..I really loved that deckchair and all the other inspiring creations..glad you had a good time and congrats on the awards again...I have a few days off work, so spent yesterday making up my drawers..finishing touches today and photos tomorrow. I'm sure we'll get to meet again soon, hugs Carole Z XX

Magzeeann said...

Hi Christine. Pleased to hear that you had a good time at the N.E.C. Love the picture of Elliott with his Gromit mug, so kind of Carole.Have a good day. Love and hugs to you all,
Maggie x

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Christine, I'm so impressed at your 'techy speak', at least the boys knew what you were asking for haha, I wouldn't have had a clue !!
How lovely of Carole Z, and the piccie of said pressie with Elliott and Bella is gorgeous.
So glad you had a good time at Stitches and came away enthused, and so pleased that Spellbinders got the 'adulation' they deserve. I haven't heard of the new 'inspire' range by them yet.
Lets hope you get a bit of R&R today.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Chris said...

Hi Christine,
Lovely post today, and great photo of Elliott and Bella, what a lovely gesture by Carole. I wish I was as techie as you, I'm useless but do pick up things very slowly. Well done for the awards.
Chris x

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Great post today, Elliot looks happy with his mug, nice of Carole, and of course Bella looks cute too.
Sounds like you had a great you time and enjoyed your break.
Well done to Spellbinders too.
Take care.
Lydia
X

Ann said...



Hi Christine

Glad your home safe and you had a fabulous time at the Trade Show.
A well deserved congratulations to Spellbinders and to you.

Elliott looks great I love his "Grommet" mug Bella looks
good too.
Hugs Annxx

Sue Yorkshire said...

Morning Christine

oooh what a lovely lot of dies I am struggling to keep up with buying them all

Exciting day for me today as my daughter is having her first baby so will have a gorgeous baby boy to cuddle later

Sue xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine. Sounds like a good time was had by all.
The photo of Elliott, Bella and mug is lovely. One happy smiling boy.
Have a good rest today.
Love Val x

hazel young said...

Lovely photos and glad you had a fab time xx hazel

Anonymous said...

Lovely to hear all about your time at stitches and homecoming. Great pics. Thanks to your explanation I now know what the QC is for. Keep well. Good wishes
Phil D

Mrs B said...

Hi Christine. Glad that you had a good time at Stitches. Elliott looks so well, and delighted with his Gromit mug, strange how the chocs vanished though :) Good luck with the QR code stuff! Glad you know what you are talking about, me...I' m happy when I can manage to send an email. No I'm not quite that bad but don't have a smart phone so can't use QR codes :) It would be rude to waste good food so I think that you should eat the chocs before they go off : ) Hope you can get some est. Take care.

Jean Z said...

So pleased you enjoyed your trip to the N.E.C. and you have come away with ideas for us . Love Elliott's Gromit mug such a lovely thought. Love Jean Z xxx

Lacelady said...

Enjoy your chocolates Christine, I bet you earned them after all your efforts. Love the knitted deckchair, it's hilarious. Love the pics of Elliott and Bella too.

EmmaT said...

Morning Christine, glad you had a good time, love the knitted scene and fantastic photo of Bella - so cute. Emma x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Christine, so pleased you had a good time. Lovely pictures of Bella and Elliot and the show.
The Dutch chocolate is VERY yummy isn't it. Enjoy or should I say I hope you enjoyed...hehehe.
Elizabeth x

Stamping Bubbles said...

Glad you enjoyed your trip Christine. I just wanted to say Thank you fro my pompom makers which I received on Monday. They have been put to good use as I am making some pompom bunting. Your blog post on using the heartshaped pompom maker proved invaluable so many thanks for that.
Lesley

ros hodgkins said...

Hello Christine, I am so pleased you had a good time at the show, you sound fully charged.
X Ros

Pat S Witney said...

Hi Christine
Glad that you had lovely time at the show. Spellbinders are absolutely fabulous, so no wonder they won some awards. I wouldn't have had a clue regarding your techy speak. I'll have to look out for the inspire range haven't seen any mention of it before.

SusanP, Kent said...

Fun photos Christine. It's great to see such a variety of crafty goodies are now available. When I first started making cards there was NOTHING. No gorgeous papers, dies, embellishments; Even cardstock was limited. Now I'm spoiled for choice and consequently (like many others) have more stash than I can use in a lifetime, probably! I still need more especially some of those new In'spire dies. So glad you had a good time at the show. Elliott looks happy despite being tired - love the mug shots (all of them)!
Sue

Lucycat said...

Hi Christine, Lovely photos of Elliott and Bella.
Really pleased you are home safe,looking forward to all what you have got to show us.
Have a good day . Take care. x.

Laura O said...

glad you had a good time on trip,Laura O

Janice said...

Hi Christine
Lovely set of photos today, so pleased you enjoyed your time at the NEC and met up with Carole. Really nice of her to send you home with the mug for Elliot.

I'm guessing that we'll soon see a knitted deck chair in your studio.....the display is an amazing piece of work!
Janice x

Maggie said...

Hello Christine - going away is great but so is coming home - especially to such a warm welcome. I must order one of those amazing Spellbinder tools. Good to see some of the work that all those clever people get up to. xxMargaretxx

LoraineC said...

Glad you had a good time and back home to the gorgeous Bella and of course your boys. X

Anonymous said...

Fab pictures , glad it was worth it. Bet they all missed you x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...