Friday 20 March 2015

Friday Die Day

Hello friends

This week's Friday Die Day is Bow Couture, one of the Victorian collection dies.
There is a total of 6 die templates, each bow has an outer die and an inset.

The measurements are:
Bow 1: 1 7/8 x 1 3/8” (Inset: 1¾ x 1 ¼”) 
Bow 2: 2 ¾ x 2” (Inset: 2 5/8 x 1 7/8”) 
Bow 3: 2½ x 2¾” (Inset: 2 3/8 x 2½”)

This is how they look cut/embossed using both the outer die and inset.
And just using the outer dies.
It's no secret that I'm not a big lover of bows, you rarely see them on my cards,
occasionally a small one and maybe a twine bow but I find this die set rather charming.
I especially like the smallest bow so I decided to design my card using that one.
I die cut three from white card and one from bright pink.
The banner is Grommet Tags and I printed the wording on my computer.
And here is the card. A white card base, 6 x 6 Matting Basics A and B
for the pink and white matting.
I positioned the bows with 3D Foam Squares and added the tag along the bottom with
matching pink pearls.

Perhaps in black and white without the pretty inset piece for a gentleman's card?
Bow Couture is available on the website here.

Have a lovely weekend, take care friends.

23 comments:

Bea said...

Hi Christine - lovely card idea. Hope you have a good day :)

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Hi Christine.
Thank you nice idea. Have a good weekend. Kitty.

Stamping Bubbles said...

Morning Christine
Super cute card today. I struggle to tie ribbon bows so dies like this set are so useful.
Enjoy your day
Lesley

JJ said...

Hi Christine,

Fabulous card.

Have a great day

Love & hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Chris said...

A lovely card Christine, and it can be made in any colour too.
Chris xxx

nattyboots said...

Lovely card Christine ,love your design.
Take Care
Elaine H X

PharmacyMichele said...

Beautiful card-clean and simple.

Michele

Unknown said...

Hi Christine,

Good to be back after my cataract op. Love the card idea with the very pretty bows.
enjoy your weekend.
love val in spainx

Sandra said...

Hi Christine,
Well I wasn't expecting that one, butterflies yes, bows no!
But as usual you have made it work, I love the layout and the sentiment, very clever!
Do you have a quiet weekend this weekend?
I hope so as it can get too tiring if you are travelling every weekend. The boys might get used to it too and turn the house into party Central! Lol!
The spring flowers are popping up in abundance now, so a good Bella walk would be fun!
Have a good weekend whatever you are doing!
Hugs
Sandra xxxxxx

Unknown said...

Hi Christine,

Good to be back after my cataract op. Love the card idea with the very pretty bows.
enjoy your weekend.
love val in spainx

hazel young said...

Lovely die set and Stunning card Christine xx hazel

Lucycat said...

Hi Christine,
Great card today,like you bows are not my favourite,but this card really works.
Thank you for FDD.
I hope you have a good day. Take care. x.

Mrs B said...

Hi Christine. What a sweet card, very pretty. I hope you have a good weekend. Take care. Mrs B x

ros hodgkins said...

I do like bows, just not sure about these. Have a good weekend. X Ros

Jean Z said...

Hi Christine, lovely card and lovely dies. love Jean Z xx

marg said...

hello Christine
Just going dull here... but I'm not looking at that Sun!... I need my eyes!
Lets hope no one looks!
Not keen on bows but this is different Christine!
Have a nice weekend !
Take care
Love Marg

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A very nice and easy card today very pretty.
Like you I'm not a bow person don't mind a small one, but much prefer to use flowers.
Lydia
X

Carole Z said...

Super FDD Christine & very pretty card, hugs Carole Z xx

SusanP, Kent said...

An adorable card - simple, straightforward and could say just about anything. Perfect! Have a great weekend.

Pat S Witney said...

Hi Christine
What a pretty card. It was a shock to see bows on one of your cards. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

CraftyJo said...

Very cute, I don't like bows either (or glitter!) - wonder if it's 'cos we've got sons????

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous x

Unknown said...

Love the idea Christine, much prettier than four sheep!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...