Tuesday 9 June 2015

Titchy Tuesday Tutorial!

Hello friends

A titchy Tuesday tutorial today!  
I often lay awake and think of things that work with the letter 'T'!
(only kidding!)

I decided to make a gift box/bag, haven't done one of these for a while so
thought it might be nice to do a mini tutorial.
Cut a piece of card 4" square.
With a ruler measure in 3/4" on each side and draw lines, in the corners draw
diagonal lines.
 Score along your pencil lines and fold in as shown in the picture.
Then glue in place to create a box base.
 Take a piece of patterned paper, use your box as a guide to measure and select what
height you prefer (perhaps dependent upon how many goodies you placing in the box)
and wrap around and affix.
My paper is Bo Bunny - Forever Young.
 To decorate I chose Labels Forty Seven, cut/embossed and chopped in half
and affixed to front and back and punched hole straight through.
 The finished box/bag, I also used Classic Edges One to create a decoration
around the base.
Fairly speedy and fun to make.

Now I don't want to start a fight but there is one June Charity Kit left!
I realised I must have miscounted and I've uploaded the last kit to the website here.


I hope you all have sunshine, it makes such a difference waking up
to blue skies, I get quite a buzz hanging all my washing on the line!

Take care friends.

23 comments:

Pat said...

Hi Christine
What a lovely idea, and just the sort of 'box/bag' I am looking for, for a special 21st birthday gift - I'll give it a go
Pat x

Stamping Bubbles said...

Good morning Christine
A terrific Tuesday tutorial today. The bag/box is a lovely shape.
I too like to peg out my washing, it smells lovely when they are being ironed except when your neighbour lights his BBQ.
Enjoy the sunshine
Lesley.

Janice said...

Morning Christine
Great titchy Tuesday tutorial! I love how it becomes a gift bag to suit the gift size! Thanks for sharing, aI think many of us will find this very useful.
So pleased to see you had a great time at the weekend with good size audiences. Word must be getting around 👍
Looking forward to seeing the videos. Have a great day.
Janice x

PharmacyMichele said...

Great Taster Tutorial today! Can't wait for the videos.

Michele

Jean Z said...

Hi Christine, love the box brilliant. love Jean Z xx

Lucycat said...

Hi Christine,
Love your gift bag/box today,great tutorial. Thank you.
Like you love to get the washing on the line.
I hope you have a good day. Take care. x.

Janice said...

Morning Christine, a lovely tutorial today, as I haven't seen this type of gift bag before. A very useful bag when you want something a bit more substantial. Janice xxx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

marg said...

Hello Christine
Nice day again...ironing all of yesterdays drying on the line ..love to see it blowing in the wind.
Blackbirds have started another brood... so watchful when they fly over my washing to get more food for baby ! fingers crossed they don't leave messages on my sheets!lol
Love todays tutorial Christine such a useful box to wrap odd shaped items!
Take care
Love Marg

nattyboots said...

Gorgeous gift bag Christine
Nothing quite like seeing your washing on the line and the fresh smell when you bring it indoors.
Elaine H X

Anonymous said...

Great tutorial will have to give this a go. I have doney charity kit and I have to say it's fantastic , more please xx

Mrs B said...

Hi Christine. I love the gift bag, easy t make and looks lovely. Have a good day. Take care xx

Bea said...

fab project tutorial Christine - really useful - enjoy your good weather. :)

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Christine, A great mini tutorial today, I'm loving the way you have made this gift bag, it looks really lovely.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

ros hodgkins said...

Hi, I like the base you have made, it makes it so much more sturdy to the gift bag. X Ros

hazel young said...

Lovely tutorial Christine love the idea not seen anything like it before, thanks for sharing xx hazel

utilitygirl said...

Thanks Christine - another lovely box/bag. Must have a go at this soon. x

Unknown said...

Really pretty box/bag today, Christine, and I woke up to sunshine too. Got carried away and I'm currently wearing cropped trousers, first time this year!

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Love your box/bag and the tutorial.
Lydia
X

karenlotty said...

Great gift box/bag idea Will definitely try it out I live how the base is made with just folding No cutting required

Unknown said...

Very Clever Christine - Love it!

Sarah x

Littlelamb said...

Great idea. Thank you for the tutorial. Look forward to the videos.

Carole Z said...

A super tutorial Christine, love this bag and must try it, yes makes such a difference to wake up to light, sunny skies, hugs Carole Z xx

LoraineC said...

Great tutorial, I am very pleased with myself I have worked out how to pin your projects on a board for myself so this box was the first to go on !!!! X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...