Sunday 23 April 2017

Messy and New!

Hello friends

I had an absolutely smashing day yesterday at The Artistic Stamper
trying out something completely new to me.
It involved paint - a lot of paint!

The class was taught by Tracey Scott, super talented and lovely lady.
First off we applied various colours of paint to good quality card.
No paintbrushes here...just use your fingers!


We then did some splattering with gold or white.


Next step was to do some stamping - these are Tracey's stamp designs for 
PaperArtsy.
I adore the leaves and huge daisies and look...one closed flower looks
just like Queen Elizabeth I !! 


It was then a case of cutting them all out!
I found this very relaxing, I don't think I've sat for that many hours
just chatting and fussy cutting - really enjoyed it.


We were asked to bring a journal, turns out I brought along the smallest one!
I was pleased though as I used less flowers and now have some in reserve
for other projects.

We prepared a background with paints, mine with hindsight was a little too subtle.


Added a little bit of stamping to the background and then arranged the flowers.
This isn't quite my finished piece but even just laying the flowers down
and seeing the vibrant colours made me very happy.


My mind is now racing with ideas and these include die cutting so
watch this space!  
We did complete a second page which I will share with you soon,
just need to get some photos in daylight (typing this near midnight!)

My summary of the day - brilliant and a change is 
most definitely as good as a rest. 

Stop by tomorrow for more photos and announcing
charity kit winner!

Take care friends.


4 comments:

hazel young said...

Gorgeous colours and love the stamps. Glad you had a fab day. Looking forward to seeing what you do next and I feel lots of handmade backgrounds maybe in the mix xx hazel

Bejay said...

Hi, Christine,
I just LOVE messy crafting lol. It looks like you had a great time and what a fantattic way to get some coloured card stock ready for stamping. I have to agree with you about the 'royal' flower, complete with pearls too 😊.
Bejay xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a real fun day and the end results are great so vibrant. Best wishes Jackie x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Christine, Wow !! these look fabulous !! so glad you enjoyed your day.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...